Items That Do Require ACC Approval
1. Structural changes to the house such as a room addition or modification that changes the outside appearance of the house.
2. Exterior painting that changes the existing color of the stucco, trim, doors, garage doors, windows, etc.
3. Replacement of windows and/or exterior doors including garage doors.
4. Change in the scale, scope, and/or design of the existing landscape. This would include adding to or removing from the existing size and shape of the flower beds, adding a new variety or type of shrub or decorative tree, or replacing or removing the existing landscape border with a new type of landscape border or material.
5. Planting and removal of trees. Street trees, which are ash trees, should not be removed by homeowners. The ash trees are considered an essential part of the look and feel of the Villas neighborhood and therefore the Villas Homeowners Association has taken responsibility for trimming, treating, removing, and replacing Villa Street Ash Trees.
6. Roof replacement.
7. Replacement or repair of the existing patio and/or privacy fence with a different type, style, or color of material. Changing the location of the existing patio or privacy fence is not allowed by the Restrictions.
Items That Do Not Require ACC Approval
1. Exterior painting and touch up that does not change the current color of the stucco, trim, exterior doors, garage doors, windows, etc.
2. Replacement of windows, trim, and/or stucco with the same type, style, and color of material.
3. Replacement of existing landscape plantings and/or border with the same or similar types of plantings and/or borders.
4. Roof repair with the same color and type of shingle. Roof replacement must have ACC approval however.
5. Replacement or repair of portions of the existing patio and/or privacy fence with the same type, style, and color of material. According to the Restriction, the patio and privacy fence must remain in the same location as the original.